Part-Time Programs Assistant
Virginia's House, A Family Resource Center
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide support services for the Agency, Executive Director, Board of Directors, and professional staff.REQUIREMENTS: High school graduate (minimum) with higher education desired. Experience and expertise in the clerical/bookkeeping field. Highly developed computer skills with proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and QuickBooks. High professional ethics and standards. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to greet the public and represent the organization in a positive and professional manner. Experience with a non-profit agency preferred.
- Provides clerical support for all program staff, as requested by Executive Director
- Acts as receptionists; Receive, direct, and supervise clients and guests entering the facility.
- Answer telephone, direct calls, and record messages appropriately.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director
- Retrieve, distribute, and review mail, on as need basis.
- Coordinates purchasing of office supplies and other items, as approved by the Executive Director.
- Performs credit card reconciliation
- Maintain agency donor database program, mailing acknowledgement of donation letters, mailing acknowledgement of gift letters.
- Collect, compile, and report program information as needed.
- Assist as backup in payroll, accounts payable and receivables; printing checks for payroll, invoices and/or reimbursements.
- Assist with planning and implementation of program activities, events, and with preparation of Board meetings.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and other functions as directed by the Executive Director.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, QuickBooks
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Read, write, speak English fluently, bilingual is preferred
- Must be mobile and able to bend, stoop, and reach.
- Lifting of office materials-moderately lift (up to 20-30 pounds)
- Must be able to sit at a workstation and/or computer screen for up to 2 hours at a time
- Must have reliable transportation, possess current Texas Driver’s License or State issued ID
- Travel may be required for educational or businesses purposes, will be compensated for travel
- Desirable personal qualities include: patience, tact, good judgment, flexibility, positive attitude, compassion, perceptive, culturally sensitive, motivated, high professional standards and ethics, and an ability to get along with a variety of people from various disciplines
Submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls or drop-ins